Hello ChromeOS

by Lance on November 19, 2009

I’ve been up all night for the official announcement of ChromeOS from Google which is scheduled to be released next year.

YouTube Preview Image

Demo:

YouTube Preview Image

Here’s are some of the details:

– instant boot
– every app is a web app
– all data is in the cloud

– browser security model- reference hardware
– you can’t download Chrome OS and install it on your machine
the only way to install the OS is to buy a Chrome OS machine (*)
– the target launch time: the end of next year

Even though I’m skeptical about (*) I’m still excited about the year ahead.  For more details, you can visit the the Official Blog Entry from Google.

13 comments

It doesn't seem like an OS for power users though. Well, just based on the video you showed.

by pixelmai on 20 November 2009 at 7:48 AM. #

:) what a geek! lol

by Lance Quejada on 20 November 2009 at 12:36 PM. #

by Charlotte on 20 November 2009 at 2:48 PM. #

:) what a geek! lol

by Lance on 20 November 2009 at 7:36 PM. #

It looks neat and simple. We'll wait for more developments from Google. Hopefully it turns out well.

by Louis Dizon on 21 November 2009 at 9:51 AM. #

I honestly like the idea of “Everything is in the Cloud”, though I have doubts about it fast adaption. I think for casual users, this could become handy but for large corporations and businesses I think it would still require some major push from Google.

by Lance Quejada on 21 November 2009 at 1:38 PM. #

I'm still having connection problems logging in. I've tried every possible combination on the network settings and even playing around with the OS flavor but still no luck. I guess this just shows how crippled you are without the internet if you use chrome. 😀 Imagine, instead of the old BSOD, you butt “Darn! I'm disconnected! whoaa!” hehe

by Lance Quejada on 21 November 2009 at 1:42 PM. #